Mulberry International exists to partner with the children and families of Ukraine and Crimea through advocacy, education and action to promote growth and eternal transformation. We are a non-governmental organization that focuses on helping the abandoned and neglected children and families at-risk – helping to provide for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our very first ministry outreach, Project Sasha, started in 1997 as a soup kitchen to feed the children and teenagers from the streets and be their friend and advocate. Missionaries held Bible studies for the children in Simferopol orphanages and half-way houses.
Through the years we continued to serve these abandoned, neglected and abused kids with basic needs and listen to their stories. Our workers helped them and guided them out of the vicious cycle turning their stories of tragedy, loneliness and desperation to stories of hope, love and the future.
Now Mulberry International supports Christian foster and adoptive homes, abandoned children in hospital wards, serves orphaned children in state orphanages and assists refugees and internally displaced people as a result of the armed conflict in the east of Ukraine.
Mulberry International is effectively reaching the most vulnerable and at-risk families and children:
1. We provide for the needs of abandoned and neglected babies and toddlers at the state hospitals. The wards now have everything to effectively take care of those children: bassinets, boilers, fridge to store formula, diapers, personal care products etc.
2. We provide social follow-up and counseling for single mothers and at-risk families at local shelters. We provide skill and life training and guide them out of their hardship, aiming to prevent child abandonment and neglect among the most vulnerable population.
3. We reach dozens of orphans with the message of love and care. We develop their skills and abilities through crafts, lessons and personal time. When these teens graduate from the orphanage often times they have no place to go and most of them fall into a vicious cycle of prostitution, drugs and crime. We invest into their emotional and spiritual development as we seek opportunities to share the Good News and point them to the One who can give then a new Hope and Future.
4. We support foster and adoptive families that have taken dozens of orphans into their loving homes.
5. We provide feeding programs to the refugees, IDPs and street children in eastern Ukraine where the armed conflict left 1.2 million people displaced. We partner with local churches to deliver humanitarian help to the struggling families inside and outside the war zone and increased the capacity of those churches to minister to these families.
The need in Ukraine is so large and we hope you will catch our vision and join us in supporting the work of Mulberry International.
3. REFER US TO PARTNERS
Due to the nature of our organization and its dependence on donations like yours,
we are unable to offer refunds on your donation.
Thank you for your support.