Imagine a place where 80% of
the population lives below the poverty line.
- There are about 100,000 orphans in Ukraine.
- 30,000 children presently live in state orphanages, 60,000 live with relatives/guardians, and less than 10,000 orphans live in foster families and family type children's homes.
- 250,000 children are living with abusive, neglecting parents or on the streets.
- 9 out of 10 will be addicted to alcohol, glue, or other drugs.
- They will start using drugs as early as 5 years old.
- The average age for street children is 12, some are as young as 3 years old.
- More than half of the homelss girls will become prostitutes.
- 1 in 10 teenage girls will become pregnant.
- 1 in 7 will attempt suicide.
- Women on average have 7 abortions in their lifetime.
- It is estimated that every third street child is HIV-positive.
1000 new-born babies are abandoned each year.
14,000 children under the age of 3 are abandoned.
Every day 50 children enter the state orphanage system.
For 70 years God was legally dead.
Mulberry International Childrenʼs Ministries exists to partner with the children and families of Ukraine through advocacy, education and action to promote growth and eternal transformation. We are a non-governmental organization that focuses on nurturing abandoned and neglected children – helping to provide for their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. With your help we can turn a hopeless situation to the glory of God by showing His love through our actions. These young lives can be snatched from the jaws of death, and molded into Christʼs image.